- When I moved here, I basically plunked us down in the Eternal Suburbs half an hour from any bus stops and several hours from the cities where stuff actually happens. And when we do get on the bus, people here treat it like their living room and have loud conversations with each other about how people like me ought to die, or yell at me about how Jesus saves. And they don't even know I'm trans yet.
- There is no one in my life right now that I've known for more than four years. Except for my aunt that I call on the weekends.
- There are games in boxes, that I'm sorting through, that I haven't played because I was waiting to play them with mom like we used to when I was little. Except that she never did, never would, and now never will.
- There are so many times I tried to share something with one or another of my parents, some game or movie or experience, and they either left partway through or turned it down outright.
- There are so many conversations I had with them trying to tell them about something important to me, even as basic as vegetarianism or my love of Free Software and the Creative Commons, and they were skeptical and incredulous and took it as a personal affront.
- I used to pray for them every night. "Heavenly Father, I thank thee for my family and friends. Please bless them that they'll be okay. Please help me to please them and do good things for them." I wanted it so much. I'd pray for them individually sometimes, and promise to do things for them, and apologize for not doing enough.
- Now when I find myself praying for that, I have to remind myself of who my family and friends actually are.
- 1: So, you may have been wondering ...
- 2: Werewolf: the Reimagining
- 3: Adventures with Friends
- 4: "Art is enormously powerful in shaping what and how people think"
- 5: Roughly 8-9 hours of work
- 6: How do we cope with transage feels?
- 7: I think I'll always say LGBTQIA+ from now on
- 8: Let me tell you about my RPG character
- 9: Girling in public
- Style: Fruit Salad Customized for Leftovers by