The other thing I tell young filmmakers is when you get going and you try to get money, when you’re going into one of those rooms to try and convince somebody to make it, I don’t care who you’re pitching, I don’t care what you’re pitching—it can be about genocide, it can be about child killers, it can be about the worst kind of criminal injustice that you can imagine—but as you’re sort of in the process of telling this story, stop yourself in the middle of a sentence and act like you’re having an epiphany, and say: "You know what, at the end of this day, this is a movie about hope."
- 1: We're streaming Fate/EXTRA on Monday
- 2: Geek culture, the scarcity mindset, and us
- 3: Breath of the Wild is kinda colonialist
- 4: We're technically back
- 5: Must the left organize for violence?
- 6: Shiny new minis!
- 7: Re-vita-lized by cute and queer games
- 8: Parallels between the historical foxwoman narrative and the contemporary transgender experience
- 9: So Christine Love made a new game
- Style: Fruit Salad Customized for Leftovers by