Over the past week or so, our sleep schedule's been shot to pieces thanks to factors beyond our control. In addition to that, we've had to deal with a few stressful things. This has left us especially fragile and moody, and feeling that strange combination of "I should be able to do this" plus "why am I having a breakdown?" that apparently comes with mental illness.
In between things like this, we managed to get a few things done.
We've started on citrakayah's story, and have written a few hundred words for it. It's very unorthodox and requires a bit of debugging, but I am excited about the experiment.
We're starting to write a few articles again, about a dozen a month at a reduced rate. The Major News Site no longer lets us write for them, but we're getting a surprisingly decent bonus this month for not having gotten anything published recently. We're going to apply to another site soon.
We're still working on learning to write apps, but since it's the thing with the longest-term payoff we keep postponing it.
Besides that, we're trying to revise the fursonarpg. After working with players and noting their confusion, at our adaptation of Pathfinder's rules, we're trying to change things around a lot to remove unneeded complexity. Discussion of specific ways under the cut.
( Read more... )
The ideal we're shooting for is that your character sheet will be a single page that's mostly an illustration, sort of like a Magic card, with a handful of easy-to-scan stats and special abilities which spell out exactly what they do in simple language. Spellcasters might need the back of the sheet as well, but still. The rules themselves should also be modular and easy to comprehend.
That's all, I guess.